- 1. A Gran Fondo route will cover 106 miles and take riders from the shores of Solana Beach to the top of Mt Palomar.
- 2. A Medio Fondo route of 65 miles will take you through the rolling hills of Lake Hodges, Lake Wohlford and the Elfin Forest.
- 3. A Piccolo Fondo of 35 miles will travel past Lake Hodges, through the Elfin Forest and back along the coast.
- 4. A Mountain Bike Fondo of 30 miles will take riders through the hills and along the trails of Lake Hodges. It's really 3 rides in 1.
- 5. The Taste of Solana Beach Gourmet Fondo is a stroll between participating restaurants' for gourmet food and a chance to win prizes in our raffle. It takes place on Saturday, coinciding with the Bike Fest Expo.
Included in the event:
- Fully timed course with KOM/QOM prizes for all age categories. 2 timed climbs are provided with prizes for both the Medio and Gran Fondo courses.
- Partial road closures
- Well stocked and staffed rest stops
- Gourmet post ride Italian pasta feast
- Post ride massage at the feast
- Event T-shirt
- Goodie bag
- SAG & mechanical support along the route
- First beer free, refills and wine modestly priced
Start/Finish Location for the Road Fondos
- San Dieguito County Park
- 1628 Lomas Santa Fe Drive
- Solana Beach, California
These are finest roads in San Diego county. . .